NAV System woes

Well, we're working on our 4th GPS system for my 2004 wagon -- what gives with these things ? -- no satelite reception, faulty CD-ROM reader, dead computer.
My 2 Garmins have never had such problems.
My comandsystem works fine fore 1.5 year now ( car is from 2003)
Only when it is very cold, sometimes the cd is unreadible due to condense. After 15 minutes when the car is warm the problem is gone. The cdrom reads via the comand. Cd's are played via the cd charger.
Ronald