Navigation system trouble.

When I press the NAVI button, the screen gives me the message, Navigation could not be activated--an error has occurred. There is a CD in the device, and it won't eject.

I tried poking around in the slot with a Popsicle stick, but no help. I have considered giving it a big shot of WD-40, but am not sure that might cause more harm than good.

Does anyone know of a possible solution short of a jillion dollar charge at the dealership.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Morgan

How about telling use the year, model, and miles??

Reply to
Karl

Sorry, it's a 2000 S430, 90k miles.

Reply to
Mike Morgan

Don't go for the WD40 approach ;-)

Sometimes the CD gets stuck against the lip of the slot and needs something like a business card judiciously applied to ease it out.

Assuming you can get the CD out, switch off COMAND using its own switch and then switch off ther ignition for a couple of minutes. Switch everything back on and reinsert the CD. That may just do the trick. If it doesn't try cleaning the lens in the unit with a cleaning disk. They are known to be picky over any contamination.

Good luck.

Reply to
Stratman