Need advise,1989 Mercedes 260E

I'm looking at a 1989 260E,2.6 automatic. Can anyone tell me if there are any weak points on this year and model? In other words anything special I should be looking for. What's the general opinion on the 260E?
Thanks in advance, Jim
I forgot to mention the car has 116,000 miles on it.

If you can get a post 1990 model (with the body panels in body colour), you get many improvements such as better seats. The 2.6 liter engine is said to run very smooth. Valve seals may be worn out.
Frank