Need benz part numbers for Transmission

Folks,

I need a little bit of help. I have an E320 1997 automatic transmission. I may need a new transmission. Can anyone provie me wit the part number for the transmission so I can check the web for the part?

Thanx Darryl

Reply to
Darryl Cummings

Either post your vin number here or pmail it to me. So I can see what your original trans number is. It may be a 722.3, a 722.5, or a 722.6. The 722.6 is electronic......

What is wrong with your trans?

Reply to
Karl

I strongly suggest you change the fluid and filter before doing any major purchase. Alot of time, those 'lifetime' fluid are loaded with sediments that affect the whole tranny.

Reply to
Tiger

Re: Tiger

Good advice Tiger all transmissions leave deposits and if you remove your old filter and cut it open it will tell you if your tranny is falling apart. Any transmissions we send out of here has a "kit" in it (new filter and gasket).

Don Sparks

Reply to
Don Sparks

Sorry it took so long, VIN decoder

WDBJF55F5VA378540

W=WEST GERMANY DB=DAIMLER BENZ, AG J=210 type, E-Class F=HFM Injected Gasoline

55=MERCEDES E 320 Sdn. (W210) (E CLASS) F= Emergency Tensioner Belts,Front & Door Air Bags 5=Check Digit was verified V=1997 A=Singlefingen 378540=(Sequential Number)

Reply to
Don Sparks

Two types A & B (reflects valve body type)

5 SPD Auto - A Type ID = 210270930026 ID = 722604

5 Spd Auto - B Type ID = 2102701701 ID = 2102707400 ID = 2102709300 ID = 722605

These are Hollander Powerlink numbers used by most Auto Recyclers (part catagory 400 = Trans assembly)

Don Sparks

Reply to
Don Sparks