need help '91 300e lost insturment cluster

Hi, Yeserday, all's well. Today the instruments don't work in the dash board except for the tach and clock in the tach. The lights on the strip light up when you turn the key on like always, but all of the other stuff is stuck on Zero, this includes the fuel guage, oil pressure, and water temp.

I checked the fusees and they are ok.

Can anybody tell me what to do next? I know how to use a volt meter.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Allen

Reply to
!Allen Lasting

It is definitely the fuse... Take it out and inspect it.

Reply to
Tiger

Hello "Tiger"

you are definitely right. I finally got around to seeing what was going on. I had already looked at the fuses in the fuse holder, and they all looked good. However, I pulled them as you suggested, one at a time, and one of them was the problem. It hadn't blown, but what happened was the little metal cap that covers the top of the ceramic had cracked in half. All's well again.

Thanks,

Allen

Reply to
!Allen Lasting