Need Help: C280 "check engine" light is on

hello everyone...
can someone please tell me what kinds of problems my 1994 C280 might be having? the "check engine" light came on today and i wanted your opinions first before
i bring the car in to the dealer...
thank you in advance
Need Help: C280 "check engine" light is on Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Fri, Aug 8, 2003, 10:36pm (PDT+7) From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Earl) hello everyone... can someone please tell me what kinds of problems my 1994 C280 might be having? the "check engine" light came on today and i wanted your opinions first before i bring the car in to the dealer... thank you in advance ****************************************************** Let me see, I had 4 check engine light-on episodes. (1995 C280) One was a bad engine wiring harness, replaced under MB 'goodwill' warranty - N/C by my dealer. Second time, turned out to be transmission modulator diaphram torn, leaking vacuum (Ouch! that was $538) Third time was bad battery (8 years on original battery, not bad! Had MB replace Battery $130 + labor) I replaced my own Oxygen Sensors at 100K miles (just in case), which can trigger CE light. Fourth, was engine surging at idle, every now and then, followed by large surge, and CE light came on. Changed MAS meter myself ($233), then disconnected battery (ground) for 5 minutes, reconnected battery, CE light went out, been fine ever since. (5K miles ago). MB really has to check the code for diagnostics to tell what's wrong. (will cost $$$!) HTH