Need help for a 300TD

The car is a 1987 300 TD Mercedes And it is running hot,the temperature gauge goes up very high after awhile driving, It goes up slowly but it does.The radiator reservoir tank when the gauge
is up high, Starts to boils. What could that be? The car runs smooth.
This could be a thermostat that is not opening all the way. How often to you drain and flush the coolant? This should be done annually. If it has not been drained and flushed with new coolant on a regularly scheduled maintenance basis, crud will build up in the system and cause problems of the nature you describe, for example, a piece of crud sticks to the shaft in the thermostant and then it binds there and cannot open completely.

Thank you for your help. I will have the thermostat changed out. I'll let you know if that work. Thanks again

i had the same problem when I didnt bleed the air from the top of the thermostat. There's a little nut at the top - open it when you fill the coolant, and close it once coolant spills out. This made my 300 run a lot cooler.
Do you know where the thermostat location on the car? Thanks jlp

Bad radiator, thermostat or water pump. Or just a leak.