Need help for a 300TD

The car is a 1987 300 TD Mercedes And it is running hot,the temperature gauge goes up very high after awhile driving, It goes up slowly but it does.The radiator reservoir tank when the gauge is up high, Starts to boils. What could that be? The car runs smooth.

Reply to
JLPhillips

heav

Thank you for your help. I will have the thermostat changed out. I'll let you know if that work. Thanks again

Reply to
JLPhillips

i had the same problem when I didnt bleed the air from the top of the thermostat. There's a little nut at the top - open it when you fill the coolant, and close it once coolant spills out. This made my 300 run a lot cooler.

jstableford

Do you know where the thermostat location on the car? Thanks jlp

Reply to
JLPhillips

Bad radiator, thermostat or water pump. Or just a leak.

Reply to
Richard Sexton