Need help- ML320 paint splatter

I have a 98 ML320, Metallic green, which has small paint drops all over.. mist... my guess was that it might have happened when they were spray painting a new overpass - which I drove under (they leave one lane open,
etc).
Any idea how to get this off without damaging the car???
Thanks!
--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
Clay bar... You can get it at Pep Boys or Autozone. Autozone... good one has them for $10. Pep Boys got Mother Gold something... $20.
Wash car... then leave wet... no need to dry yet. Use the bottle that comes with clay bar to lubricate while you slide back and forth with clay bar... If you run out of lubricant, just use car wash bucket... diluted car wash... soapy mix.
Wash car when down...dry it... wax on... wax off... and wow! Car shines and silky smooth... and Hiya! Good ol' Miyagi karate chops.
Thanks Tiger... the whole car - overspray from when the state was spraying the street lines...
Have you ever tried white spirit?
I don't think Mr. Miyagi ever did!
--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
No alcohol... will ruin paint jobs. At least the clear coat will be affected.
How about gasoline? I remember years ago, my landlord in Brooklyn (not Brookline) cleaned house paint off my car with gasoline.. came right off.. (a neighbor cleaned his paintbrush and it splattered...)
thanks T...
--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
Veeeerrrrryyyyyy Baddddd idea.
Tiger, I am going to do this this week with a detailer.. will this claybar ruin the finish???? He tested it, it worked, but the clear coat looks dulled....
--
B'rgds,

Vinnie

Clay bars are or removing surface irregularities. They do not help make things shiney.
If you were gonna put a car in Pebble Beach then do what they do:
    http://articles.mbz.org/body/finish /
thanks Richard...
What originally happened to my car is that it got overspray, most likely from when they were doing the street stripes- it's a guess...
Clay bar definitely took the tiny dots away, and left the surface smooth- but with a hazy look to it. I understand clay is not for polishing, but will wax bring the finish back? I'm afraid to find a smooth, hazy, surface...
I will look at what you suggested, will that work for overspray...is it less work than clay bar.. seems to be alot of rubbing..
--
B'rgds,

Vinnie

Wellllll, the link above assumes a clean car to start with, that means no overspray. I really can't say if a clay bar is the best thing for overspray. I *think* it it but am really not sure. If you call any half decent body shop they should be able to answer that question though.
Body shops use claybar to remove their overspray job...
Did you finish the clay bar job?
Hi,Tiger...
Yep.. done... I had a detailer do it.. he did a great job.. most, not all came off. He wound up preferring his clay bar to mine (mother's)...
I still have the bar, I may give it a go myself... came out much better... thanks!!!
clay on, paint off!
--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
That's good to hear. He probably got the courser one so he can do the job faster. Give it a go yourself... it is painless and you can tell whether it is clean or not... rough feel... smooth... and super slick.
Since your detailer did it... all you can feel is smooth and slick. Do it on your other car... just do the trunk... or the hood and you can tell the big difference... Now, this is on cars 5 years old or newer... sometime older cars need to be buffed more before clay bar... but that's another lesson.