Need help on aftermarket speakers for '93 300E

I was informed by the folks at Crutchfield.com that none of the speakers they stock will fit my 1993 300E. I was surprised as they have a pretty sophisticated knowledge of
which speakers will fit which cars and, obviously, have an incentive to sell product.
It's not like they carry a limited line of speakers either. They stock Polk, Alpine, Kicker, Blaupunkt, Boston Acoustics, Eclipse, Infinity, JBL, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, and Sony.
The front dash speakers are blown. I'd like to replace the dash and the rear speakers, but can't find a drop-in easy install replacement.
Do any speakers that are easily installed exist? Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance.
Hm,
Fist link on google:
http://www.iqcaraudio.com/mercedes/mercedes_W124_300E.htm
A little spendy.
That being said, how fussy are you about the sound? If seeking merely to *replace* and not upgrade, ebay.
I replaced mine with stock 4" ones, needs work - not drop in.
Cheers, WS
cardinal fang snipped-for-privacy@fang.net wrote:

--
change to leews to mail

You just have to open up the covers and see what size they are... most speakers can be fitted with little modifications.
I do know alot about stereo system so how you plan to set up the system and what you are looking for out of it does determines what speakers you will need.
If you are just talking about replacing speakers, then you will be disappointed that it doesn't help much to improve the sound quality.