Need help on alternator pulley replacment 300sd

Group, 300sd 1981 I am trying to help a friend by phone in another state figure out how to put the pulley and related parts onto the alternator. The alternator was replaced a week ago. The car made it about 100 miles
when the air inducer fan blade started to rattle. After disassembly it was discovered that the shaft on the alternator was chewed up and the shaft key is also chewed. It is evident that the blade was not secure on the shaft and has done this damage. I suspect that a spacer has been lost but I can't say. Now we have obtained a new alternator again. The parts we have are a nut, lock washer, pulley, large washer with a key way, and the fan blade. When the blade is placed on the shaft it slides too far back to incorporate the key and would free-wheel. If the keyed washer is put on first the blade almost touches the key. Is there a spacer that goes onto the shaft first? I think a spacer goes on first, followed by the keyed washer, the fan blade, the pulley, and then lock nut and washer. 6 parts, we have 5 parts.
It would be of great help if someone could list the parts in the order that they go onto the shaft. We don't know if we have all of the parts or not.
Thanks Bruce Buchanan Brujan(nospam)@the-i.net najurb
were is the key?
the case, minus a few cans!