NEED HELP WITH AC/HEAT BLOWER

Letsstart over 1985 300SD turbodiesel
day one --no blower checked fuses #10 was blown / replaced and blower worked fine for a week.
2nd day of trouble-- no blower
checked fuses / none blown removed fan and tested it with 12v it works fine blower regulator getting power but no output to fan unable to locate any aux. water pump / cannot locate a resistor pack need a description of possible locations. ignition switch has been difficult as of late but fan does not come on by manipulating key switch. At a loss as to what to check next. ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM ANYBODY ARE MORE THAN WELCOME Thanks --nw
Get a service manual with a wiring diagram and trace it out.
All the blower problems I ever had were vacum related, if that helps, I'd look at a vacuum diagram, Jim www.benzbay.com
Once I had a car that had the aux water pump still working but drawing too much current. Disconnecting it made the fan work again. Replacing it fixed the problem. On mine the water pump was bolted to the right fender inside the engine compartment. Unplug it and see if you blow a fuse still. KH

Thanks to those who have tried to help. There is no aux waterpump and I'm no longer blowing fuses. However I became suspect of my ignition switch and discovered the lock cylinder was broken and possibly the ignition switch as well Now my endeavor is figuring out how to remove the instrument cluster'. The pathetic manual I have says simply "remove it" but says nothing about how. Same manual said to "pop off the escutcheon"which I haphazardly tried and broke it in half as the two pins that hold it in place were not mentioned. Anyway if anybody has a good source for a maintenance manual PLEASE LMK. Thanks--nw PS: My main problem is that no power is being delivered to the blower motor. I'm going to install a new ignition switch and lock cylinder,but I'm also suspecting the blower motor resistor.Where is it located?If it has an open circuit ,then that would explain the power loss to the blower motor.
On Fri, 13 May 2005 20:41:17 -0700, "Kevin in San Diego"

You know what... you are on the right track... the ignition switch also controls the current to your blower... this has to be it.
Your car is fairly easy to replace that ignition switch... pop the instrument cluster out... and take out the bottom dash... Key need to be in position 1 to pull the wire harness out... Bring ignition to off... there is three screws to hold that ignition switch... shorty screwdriver flat to remove it... and reverse.
One caution... make sure the new ignition switch slot is same as old... because the key pin in the ignition lock is very fragile... if you snapped it, you need entire lock.
The lock itself was broken , so I've ordered a new cylinder lock Does the instrument cluster just pop out ? --nw

instrument cluster's out connected new ignition switch turned it to acc pos still no power to BM If the BM resistor is where I think it is please tell me there's an easy way to change it I think I located it just under the master cylinder under the hood. looks like its under the brake booster Also are there any manuals online or CD's I can download For this car . And is okay if I email you directly with what progress or setbacks I'm making . I desperately need to get this car back together ASAP. And you've been a huge amount of help.--nw

Acc will not turn on the blower... you need to be in On position for blower to work.
tried that as well
still nopower to BM

GET the cluster remover from a dealer or use a radio puller
OR
a stiff coat hanger slide it in both sides, turn the hooks twards the back of the cluster and oull.
FIRST TAKE THE NEG BATT CABLE OFF
the clock is always HOT
the case, minus a few cans!