Need new speedo for 85 300SD

My wife uses it for business, and needs to track her mileage, but the odometer is broken (speedo itself is OK). I looked at the speedo (an electronic VDO unit) and it isn't that the little plastic gear is slipping on the shaft, it has completely disintegrated. One place in FT. Lauderdale that repairs these quoted $175.00 to fix it! Definitely unaffordable. A job that would take all of ten minutes to put a new gear on the end of the shaft! Chances of getting one out of a wrecked 300 SD are not good, as I am not in a very big city. Any ideas for a reasonably priced source?

Reply to
Jim Caldwell

try

or