New 04' E320 engine break-in questions

Should I avoid running the car in the current frigid winter weather (~20F, no snow) or the cold air is beneficial to the new engine? Also, should I do the break-in on highway or light city traffic at lower speed? TIA!

Reply to
Curly

Jerry McG

Exactly so. Other than that, congrats on your new car. Enjoy!

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

So, it's generally not a good idea to warm up your car initially when you start any brand of car in the morning then? I've often wondered about this.

Reply to
R Green - WoWsat.com

He probably means let the car "warm up" for 1 min or so from a cold start, then drive off and let the engine temp rise normally under use.

Reply to
Curly

No, just drive. However, it's best to be gentle until it reaches normal coolant temp.

Reply to
Jerry McG