New AMF but still problems

ok, had a new air mass flow sensor fitted, and while the engine is cold it works fine, but when it warms up, it starts choking as though the engine is flooding?

Is there a temperature sensor on this end anywhere?

will it ever end!

btw, paid £280 for the afm sensor fitted, is this ok?

Is it made by Bosch?

What OEM-number does it have?

Reg: Harri

Reply to
Harri Markkula

thanks for a reply Harri

It was fitted by Mercedes garage in Worcester UK. No idea what it is, I know very little about this engine, and wouldnt even know what it looks like. Is there a problem with the Bosch ?

Car is a C180 1998.

toad

Bosch is well known to basicly last 100.000 km and need to be replaced after that.

But you have a new one so this is not the case with you.

AMF (or MAF) sensor has an intake aer temperature sensor in itself.

Might be wiring headness problems or even fuse problem. Late 90's Mercedes is known to have quite often electricity problems. I have one myself (E240 1998) and it has them too.

I suggest you take every fuse out one at a time and put it back right away where you took it from. This solves the problem if it lies with bad connection in some of the fuses.

Reg: Harri

Reply to
Harri Markkula