new brake break-in

I was wondering how long I need to drive gingerly to break-in my new brake pads (I allready did the medium speed down to low speed, up to medium speed
down to low speed thing)? Also, what should I use to drain the excess fluid from the brake fluid resevoir? Richard
Just drive it normally.
According to my MB service Manuel:
New brake pads must be braked in carefully, this is, the vehicle should be braked several times from 80-40 km/h at slight pedal pressure
Prior to each deceleration, permit the brake to cool slightly. Braking to a stop on high deceleration should be attempted only with run-in linings.
Proper brake pad break-in is critical! One of the many Goggle search in links: http://www.ceramicbrakes.com/faq/data/faq7.html
Josh

Yep, you'll be all set to make 50ft skid marks!
Josh