new brake pads E240 1999

Just had new merc brake pads put on my rear and they sweak. Its been a week and doesnt seem to want to go away, E240 1999

I have never put brake pads on my rear so I don't know if they squeak!Couldn't resist,sorry! But seriously,did you put anti squeal compound on the pads before you installed them?
The brake pad was not broken in properly... you need to rough up the brake rotor both side with medium emory sandpaper... and then gently use the brake for next 5 miles... no hard stops.
Using OEM pads seems to be hit or miss as far as the sqealing goes. I heard of sqealing problems with the OEM pads so I had them use Jurid pads made by Bendix on my SL320. Big mistake !!!! Started sqealing horribly after the first couple of days even though I was very careful to break them in right. Had the disk surface and the pads scuffed up. A few days later the earsplitting sqealing was back. The shop recommended driving it for a while to see if the sqeal goes away or replace the pads with OEM.pads.After driving it for a while the sqeal is only there occasionally so maybe it will go away. When I had the brakes on my 190e done the same shop put on OEM pads and no sqeak or sqeal ever. Peter

week