New Key for C240 (2002) + Fuel Injection Cleaning

Hi All,
I recently lost 1 key and asked dealer for a new key. Dealer is asking for $330 for the part and $65 for the programming ($395 + taxes). I was wondering if there is any other option (in Canada) or this has to
be done by dealer only.
Second question is about fuel injection cleaning. Dealer is saying $169 + tax. Is this really required? Or I just use the bottles that you mix with the fuel? (if bottle = yes, which one?)
Car is 120K KM (75K Miles) on it.
Thank you in advance.
yahmed wrote:

A few years ago I lost a key for a Mercedes Benz saloon. I just brought my other key to a key cutter and had a new one made in a few minutes at a cost of about $4. Look them up!

I think you lost your key many years ago, not a few.
"...$330 for the part and $65 for the programming..."
DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
--
"jvalh" < snipped-for-privacy@bubble.nut> wrote in message

Funny,
Yes, or you just have a very old car.
Even my 1986 which has no electronics in the key cost $35 at a third party locksmith to have the special keys cut...
Marty
Martin Joseph wrote:

My car was a 1984 and it was about $4. I was living in California at the time.