New owner with question

Hey all, just bought a '99 E320 4matic wagon, what a ride!
My question is about the 6CD player: the cartridge is stuck in the holder and no amount of button pushing gets it released. The release mechanism
makes noise, there is visible activity in the unit, but the cartridge remains engaged. Any suggestions as to a fix? Thanks.
I had the same situation on an aftermarket (Alpine) unit in my '95. It seems that the gears got jammed - maybe due to a lack of lubrication. Basically I had to remove the changer from its bracket, take off the cover, and then *carefully* push one of the gears that drives the release mechanism with a small-bladed screwdriver. I had to do this while it was wired to the car (with power).
Just be careful as you only fallback position is to buy a new changer.
Josh
sometimes, the carrier (which is rubber biscuit mounted) is just a little out of whack...or the magazine is off spec. combination of both may require that you flick the magazine with one finger, while pressing the EJECT button with the other.
MB owners are aware that certain changer models can be real pain in the rear as their design sux. they're unreliable, prone to failure, a cash cow for MB changer repair people, and prompts error msgs on the head unit display.
more the reason to figure out how best to append to the sound system, an MP3, Ipod type player.
I minimize my use of the CD changer (knowing full well it's a ticking bomb) and use the in-panel Audio 10 single slot CD player....which retains the factory issued look.