New R-class Anyone tried it?

I was just wondering if anyone have tried the new R-class from MB? What's it like?
Steinar

I have seen several (in London).
Maybe soon it will get on the fleets of the car hire companies then I can try it when I travel...
DAS
"Norseman" < snipped-for-privacy@online.no> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@telenor.com...
I drove a long-wheelbase R500 in San Francisco last autumn and really loved it. It's right size for me and has plenty of room for my height. I think R-Class is much better than S-Class when it comes to the utility and chic factor.
I previewed a short-wheelbase R320 CDI yesterday at a sales centre in Germany and thought it was bit more spartan than the American edition. The American edition of Mercedes-Benz vehicles are more equipped as standard than the German edition but for less money. You still save money even though the cost of shipment and import tax are factored in. However, you lose the warranty and have to pay to reconfigure the COMAND to work in Europe. Same with the main beam headlamps (American regulations restrict it to 75.000 candle-watts whilst ECE counterpart is 225.000 candle-watts).
Oliver