New SL500 How many keys does one get ?

I received 2 .Shouldn't I have received 3? Thanks John

Mmm... yes,,, two regular and one skinny ass non-remote valet key unless you got keyless go system... which I don't know what they give you.
On my 2001 CLK the old system no longer applied.
I received two remote control devices. This device is inserted in the ignition 'socket'. "Skinny" headless key no longer exists as the ignition cannot be 'ignited' by a key.
There is a mechanical key in the 'fob', but it's only good for the glove box.
And I don't have "keyless go".
DAS
"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ehMZh.12$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...

They gave me two identical keys with an inserted metal key on them.
They have one red button marked "panic" and 3 black push-buttons The first with an image of a close padlock the second with an image of a open padlock and the last one with an open trunk. Are they keyless? What is the difference? Thanks for the help John
Well, that is technically "key." Electronic key that is.
Keyless Go is a different system alltogether. In the Keyless Go system, they give you a credit card transponder that you put in your wallet. When you approach the car, it will unlock the car.
When you sit in driver seat and press the "start" button, it will fire up the engine for you.
When you leave the car, it will lock your car.
Indeed.
John, you have the standard remote-control system. Black 'grip' with 'headless' metal key inserted.
I don't have the red button. What does that actuate?
Your car is more up-market (and expensive) than mine, and more recent, so you'll have extra features.
If you hold the lock button down for a little longer any open windows should close, too.
Consult the door-stop of a manual...
In the 'old' days, did one not get FOUR keys? The headless one, two standard keys and one 'valet' key that did not open the boot/trunk.
DAS
"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:7GH_h.248$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...
Red button is for Panic... to set off your alarm on your car as you approach it... to scare would be thief away...

I use it to find my car in the parking lot (just kidding)
On Fri, 4 May 2007 18:19:15 +0100, "Dori A Schmetterling"

I conclude that I have what they call a SmartKey.
The red button on the key (panic alarm) triggers a high frequency audible alarm and flashing exterior lamps for about 2 1/2 minutes.
The descriptions on the operator's manual is interrupted with so many infantile warnings that makes it difficult to follow most subjects.
Thanks to all
John
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Yes, I have a full set with my '87 w124.
Ximinez