New SLK R171

Some text info plus four photos of the new SLK R171 at http://www.mbspy.com/r171fl.htm
Juergen of MBSPY

Juergen . wrote:

I really like the way the new SLK looks as well as its specs. The only caveat is the hood which kind of reminds me of something I am probably not supposed to think of. Perhaps when I see it in person it will not have the same effect.
.
.
--
STOP READING HERE!!!!!
DO NOT READ ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE!!!!

Juergen,
I need some advice, if you have a moment. I'm going for a 'lil road trip around Europe and would like to buy a '87-'89 190D for this, then bring it back to Canada. What things should I be looking at when buying one of these models? Which engine, what should be avoided?
Thanks! cp