New SLK-- When?

Does anyone have any idea when the new SLK is going to come to the USA? I know that the European release is March, but nobody seems to have any answers here. I spoke to my dealership, as well as several others, and they all said that they knew *of* the car, but nothing beyond what's already been in the press. Mercedes hasn't given them a launch date, and they can't place any official orders. My dealer told me he would put me on the list (#1 position so far) for $1000 but I would only do this if I could have the car for the summer (anytime before July), otherwise it's just as well to wait for next year.

Does anyone have any more info?

Thomas J. Paladino Jr. New York City

04 S500 04 E320 99 SLK230 95 S320
Reply to
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

I just talked to a dealer here in Chicago last week, and he told me that the new SLK with the star in the "nose" will be introduced in the United States as a 2005 model.

I have mixed feelings about the design, because in some respects it reminds me of the Tucker (1940s), which had a third headlight in the nose.

Reply to
John Cisarik

Yeah, it's a 2005, but because it's also a new model, the dealerships say that it will probably be available earlier than the other 2005 models, which usually come around in September or so. Now, beyond that, they don't know specifically how much earlier, be it August or April. I just don't wan't to get on a wait list for the thing unless I know that I can have it by this summer.

I kinda had the same issues regarding the new design, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it.

Reply to
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." haute in die Tasten:

I will make up my mind on that issue as soon as I see the car in real life the first time.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper