New SLK-- When?

Does anyone have any idea when the new SLK is going to come to the USA? I know that the European release is March, but nobody seems to have any answers here. I spoke to my dealership, as well as several others, and they
all said that they knew *of* the car, but nothing beyond what's already been in the press. Mercedes hasn't given them a launch date, and they can't place any official orders. My dealer told me he would put me on the list (#1 position so far) for $1000 but I would only do this if I could have the car for the summer (anytime before July), otherwise it's just as well to wait for next year.
Does anyone have any more info?
Thomas J. Paladino Jr. New York City 04 S500 04 E320 99 SLK230 95 S320
I just talked to a dealer here in Chicago last week, and he told me that the new SLK with the star in the "nose" will be introduced in the United States as a 2005 model.
I have mixed feelings about the design, because in some respects it reminds me of the Tucker (1940s), which had a third headlight in the nose.

they
been
place
car

wait

I will make up my mind on that issue as soon as I see the car in real life the first time.
Frank