New vs old Bosch wiper blade for 300e(Bosch#40724)

Just installed the new type wiper.It seems a little bit flimsier than the older type with the same part #. Older Bosch has assymmetrical lengths and the instructions at back of
wrapper showed that prior to 87,the 3 holed side of blade should be at the outside,:;after 87 the 4 holed side should be at the outside perimeter. Now the new Bosch blade is symmetrical with the universal clip in the centre,I found the wiping radius is perhaps 1 cm or 0.4 in shorter than the old. Has anybody found this?
__________________ Tom 1992 300E 2.6
I dunno, but are you a reader of alt.collecting.pens-pencils or ramblingnail.net? Richard