Newbie! 82 380sl

Take delivery in about a wek. Original 145k fair to good condition and inspected. Private party. Can anyone tell me what I should be on the look out for. I already have heard they need a dual timing gear. Thanks,
Ken
I would think the timing chain would have been changed to the dual row by now. If not, do that. Other than that, if there are no symptoms I can't think of any problems. Richard

out
I would be interested in your timing gear - especially since it has 145,000 miles on it. My 380SL has the single chain, have 38k miles, and would have more confidence in my engine if I found some higher mileage examples still going with the single chain.
I understand that you can open the oil filler cap, insert a dental mirror, use a flash light and be able to see the chain to determine if it is single or dual.
CW www.380SL.8k.com