Night Vision System on Mercedes-Benz and BMW

A television programme compared the system on both Mercedes-Benz and BMW. The winner is clear: Mercedes-Benz.

The BMW has the most crappy and most ridiculous system. One cannot really discern the detail on BMW other than the 'heat blobs'. I had trouble making out the detail and such when they showed the screen from

7-Series. It was equivalent of seeing the output from Fisher-Price PXL-2000 (also known as the PixelVision and the KiddieCorder) that used the regular audio cassette for storage. The journalist reported that the driver must glance so much away from the road to look at the BMW screen.

On a 5-Series, head-up display (rather than the LCD screen) is yellow-coloured with oval guides denoting the human bodies when they walk. Still can't tell them apart.

Mercedes-Benz is so 'sparkling' clear that one cannot mistake others for anything else. The detail is astounding and intricate. It is like screening a programme on black-and-white television set.

I'm sold on that night vision system from Mercedes-Benz!

Reply to
OM

What model car have this system?

Reply to
Tiger

The new W221 S-Class along with C216 CL-Class.

The system is ¤1.500,--- > What model car have this system?

Reply to
OM

I'll worry about night vision when I order my next Apache Helicopter gun ship...until then I'll make do with headlamps..:-)

Alan M

Reply to
Alan Mudd

The last time that I checked, this system was still not available in US S-550 's, but was listed as an option. Maybe by now, the US will offer this.

Hunt

Reply to
Hunt

Didn't all the US launch edition cars have Night Vision? At least many of those were delivered but then a shortage appeared, I assume because of unexpectedly high demand (availability after launch has been close to zero in the US).

Reply to
Me