NO Acceleration - 2001 CLK430 Cabriolet

I've had the strangest problem I have ever experienced. It started when I made a right turn and it suddenly felt that the motor had cut out, except I still had power steering and brakes and the rpm's were about 1,500. The car simply would not accelerate. It was at idle RPM's but stepping on the gas pedal had almost no resulteven though the motor was running . It then started to accelerate normally.

Yesterday, several weeks later, I was driving down the road when it started doing the same thing. Even though I was on a 55mph road, the car simply stopped accelerating as I was in the left lane passing a car in the right.. Since I was going about 60 I put it into Neutral but it still wouldn't accelerate but it was running. The car continued to roll down the road so I tried to get in the right lane. In doing so I could see the car would accelerate very very slowly but while in Neutral as the rpm's very slowly increased, at around 4200 rpm,s the engine started to misfire. I switched through all the forward gears including Neutral but no acceleration but the motor was idling fine and smooth; also there was no passing gear. As I let the engine drop in rpm's it smoothed out again but with still virtually no acceleration. After turning it off and letting it set for about 1 hr. it started perfectly and accelerated perfectly all the way home.

It is obviously dangerous in this condition and I just had it towed the the local MB dealer. I even checked to see if something was blocking the tailpipe but it was clear.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? The screen says "no malfunctions", the car starts perfectly and runs properly - most of the time - just this intermittent No Acceleration. __________________

begin 666 nixweiss.gif M1TE&.#EA)0`/`)$#`/______`````/___R'_"TY%5%-#05!%,BXP`P$````A M^00),@`#`"P`````)0`/```"7IR/.

Reply to
CLK

"CLK" haute in die Tasten:

Just a guess: Maybe you have an ASR (traction control) sensor problem which makes the car believe that one of the rear wheel has lost grip. Then the engine management computer would reduce engine power to regain traction. Take the car to the dealer, where they can read the error messages from the computer's memory.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

check the egr valve