no aircon in s320?

Hello
I have just bought a '97 Mercedes S320
When lowering the temerature in the climate control, I don't get much cold air. Do I needed re-gasing?, or do I actutally have to switch the aircon on?
Thanks in advance
Does the heat work? My cold worked at times almost never any heat. It was the dual valve in my case. You might also want to check the temperature wheels themselves, there is trouble shooter somewhere on the site. Hopefully its not the condenser.
Good Luck