No Heat!

I have a 1983 300sd, and the vent below the center console that points toward the rear seats only blows cold air. I live in Colorado so I kind of need it. Does anyone have any idea of what the cause could be? Thanks for the help!

Reply to
anahataray via CarKB.com

Wan-ning Tan

You mean the vent under the center arm rest doesn't blow hot air, only cold?

Reply to
anahataray via CarKB.com

It's supposed to do that. It's a fresh air vent. not a heater duct.

Just close it with the slider knob there in winter.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Bummer, thanks!

Reply to
anahataray via CarKB.com

.... you may not understand fully. the 'heat' vents are under both front seats.

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Yep as the guys said... shut the upper center vents in the rear seat and the heat will come from below the front seats... there are vents there for heater. We shut those vents in winter.

It is for those back seat passenger to get some fresh air without cracking open the windows that will make your ears pop.

Reply to
Tiger