No Heat!

I have a 1983 300sd, and the vent below the center console that points toward the rear seats only blows cold air. I live in Colorado so I kind of need it.
Does anyone have any idea of what the cause could be? Thanks for the help!

The center one is for cold air. The heated air comes from below the front seats.
anahataray via CarKB.com wrote:

Wan-ning Tan wrote:

It's supposed to do that. It's a fresh air vent. not a heater duct.
Just close it with the slider knob there in winter.
Richard Sexton wrote:

.... you may not understand fully. the 'heat' vents are under both front seats.
cheers, guenter

Yep as the guys said... shut the upper center vents in the rear seat and the heat will come from below the front seats... there are vents there for heater. We shut those vents in winter.
It is for those back seat passenger to get some fresh air without cracking open the windows that will make your ears pop.