No Spare Tire in My New 2006 CLS500

Before I call my salesman tomorrow are Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires considered run flat? I didn't think they were. In looking at my wheel well though, it looks as if there never was a tire in there as the wheel well carpet is totally undisturbed. Strange, but nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to manufacturers. Other than that the car is great.

Reply to
DaFlaBear

TireFit: MB pressurized container of repair foam, and a 12V compressor to get you to the tire store. My SLK32 is equipped with TireFit, and it bugs the crap out of me. No spare, just a can of repair foam and a small compressor. I now carry a puncture repair kit ($4 from auto shops) that will let me press in an epoxy plug; I picked up a roofing nail recently that TireFit wouldn't work with. I was stranded for lack of a simple puncture repair kit (tool with handle and epoxy plug).

Reply to
Rugbyguy

Well just how big is the space for the spare tire? Could a small cooler full of beer fit in there? And if not, could there maybe be space enough for a couple bottles of good burbon or rye? Then if the cheapo non-Michelein tyres go flat (well, when they go flat), you can just get out and have a little party by the side of the road while waiting for the local or state police to come by and call a service call in for you. Of course if you have the cute little on-call system, you can call the sexy voiced operator and flirt for a while and then report your flat tire. It is funny, but with those squashed down looking windows, I would expect the space they saved to have been put into modern conveniences such as spare tires and steering wheels. Oh well ... the spirt of the great Jerkin Shrimp lives on!

mcbrue sparetiredly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue

I'm simply amazed that a car would be sold without a spare tire. Even one of those "mini" spares would be better than no spare at all. Heck, I even remember when I bought my last Mercedes how the dealer touted that fact that MB provided full-sized spares.

Josh

Reply to
Josh