No turn signal light and dashboard

Hi Benz fan, I have a 1996 S420 Benz, it been giving me problem. One day I was driving on the road, I was curious about a Hazard button so I push on it. Next thing I know, I have no light on the dashboard, turn signal, rpm, gas gauge and others. I"m stressing out for doing that. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there a main fuse, relay or switch that control all of this?

Thanks, Dara

Reply to
News

I guess when you push that button it triggers an instant hazard!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Fuses? Relays? Dunno really.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Fuse 17 (circuit 30) in fuse box F3 (under hood) is common for the things mentioned.

The question is, what caused the fuse to blow (if that is the fault). It could be a shortcircuit in the wires leading to the hazard switch, or it could be a fault in the combination relay N10 located just behind the fuse box.

Reply to
Jens

Reply to
Darrel

I had a problem with my turn signals, and read in the archives here that the wiring goes through the hazard switch, which corrodes, breaking the circuit. If the fuse is good, try pusing the hazard switch on and off a dozen times or so, to clean the contacts, then try your signals again.

Reply to
coolmale48

Reply to
News