No Wonder Sales are Down.....

I just went in to look at a new CLS 500. The first thing I noticed at the salesmans desk was a promotional set up for "maintenance packages".
Mercedes no longr provides a 4 year/50,000 regular maintenance package with every new car. You now have to buy it. What was once included is about $3,000 extra. Are they nuts. While most every other luxury car offers it free (BMW even includes wear items like brakes) these morons want 3 grand. Sorry, I'll probably trade in my S500 for a Lexus. The just lost a loyal customer (three cars).
I hear this all the time. The problem is: Every person that bought a new MB in the past 4 years got a survey in the mail asking questions. One of the questions asked was "Is free maintenance a deciding factor for buying this car?" Over 80% said NO. All the people that said NO, 8 out of 10, are the ones to blame.... NOT MB. You guys get pissed when you don't get what you want..... now you are bitching cause you ARE getting what you asked for.

Someone's reasoning is shaky, to say the least. If men are asked "Is having hair the deciding factor why you chose your wife?" would they say yes, that made all the difference? Likely at least 80% would not call hair "the deciding factor." Does that imply in any way that having a head of hair isn't an important plus? Hardly. But by your reasoning a women might just as well shave her head, thinking men don't care.
This was a case of "Chrysler the giant killer" rigging a survey by choice of wording and then sticking it to the consumer.
Rey
Karl wrote:

Guess I never got the memo! These morons have to know that to stay competitive with other luxury lines you have to provide maintenance.
Not everyone got the memo. I sure didn't.
DaFlaBear wrote:

HOLY !@#$%^ !!!!! Ole Jerkin Shrimp has finaly injured all the car owners of the world with his incredible and incredibly stupid greed !!!!! It will only be a matter of time before ALL the manfuctors of the world pick up on this UNLESS we ALL BOYCOTT MERCEDES !!!!!! BUY NO MORE MERCEDES BENZ KRAP KARZ. Enough of this !!!!!!! Here is a manufactor saying that he can sell a product with no guarantee - caveat emptor with a vengance!!!!! How long will it take this idea to spread to ALL manufactors of ALL goods and providors of services ???? STOP THEM NOW !!!!!! BUY NO MORE MERCEDES !!!!!! PUT THE COMPANY OUT OF ITS MISERY !!!!!!!!!!
mcbrue un%^&*inglyunbelievably under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420 (gonna go look at stinky Lexus 430s)
100% agreement!!! This is the king of Stupid Ideas. Let Benz hear by letter or E mail from the millions that did not participate in their "marketing survey"
All hail Iacocca,Eaton and Lutz,hip,hip hooray!
We never had 4-year guarantees in Europe. But we do get 30-year Mobilo Life.
DAS
"CaptainW116" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Shows MB odes not read all the surveys, only the ones that benefits MB bottom line. What are they doing about the poor showing on JD Powers & Consumer reports among others.

DaFlaBear wrote:

So, now you actually have the option of saving $3000 by not getting the maintenance package. You know these things are paid for (by you) anyway even if they are included? TANSTAAFL...

I'd rather have the option of choosing my own extra's.

So you just add the $3000 dollars to the Merc's price before you compare it with the BMW's and Lexi. Pretty obvious, isn't it?
Ximinez

Didn't they raise the prices on the 2005's & not lowered them so how are we saving $3000,

Stephen Rabinowitz asked:
Didn't they raise the prices on the 2005's & not lowered them so how are we saving $3000?
So, following this logic, then NOTHING else went up in price in 2005 from 2004??
You are still paying 2004 prices for gasoline today? Your house did not gain any value from appreciation? Your property taxes are the same as 2004? You still buy nickle candy bars where??