noise from roof control panel

I have a new C180 Avantgarde Kompressor and there is a noise coming from the roof mounted controls (where the courtesy light switches are) this noise is
constant even with the keys out of the ignition!!!. it sounds like a fan running! Anybody know what this might be?
Steve Buckley wrote:

It is the fan for the interior temperature sensor.
should this fan continue to run after the key is took out of the ignition? mine does!

Steve Buckley wrote:

To tell you the truth, I don't know. That being said, I would expect it to turn off when the ignition was turned off, but it may run for a while in expectation of the REST function being used.
The fan is a fairly common "wear" item. Luckily, it is a fairly easy DIY repair if you want to save yourself some money. Do some Googling or look on www.club202.com and you will find threads on how to replace the fan.
Doug