noise front left spring

84 300sd I have a noise at the left front wheel area sounds like like the spring is squeaking. Every time the car rolls over a bump is there some lube point for it, or is there something like a ball joint going bad?
Thanks . sandman
It could be your upper control arm ball joint... grab it with your fingers and push the car up and down... if you feel a play, then you will need a new one.

Based on your description, it sounds like it might be a suspension bushing. I've had the same symptom with both of my 300Ds. It gets worse in cold weather when the rubber becomes less pliable.
I've tried shooting WD-40 into the bushings, since the garage I deal with did this once, but when I've tried it, it hasn't helped any.
Geoff
--
"Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make history."
-- Jake Grafton