noise when turning left

I have 1 79 240d MB.
when I turn left, I hear a thup-thup-thup sound from the rt front.
doesn't occur on turning right.
j.

flat tire

More correct: "non-round tire".
Check for cats attached to the tire. That could be it too.
(Sounds like a separated tread to me frankly)

I had the same thing a few years back. Turned out that I had snapped the sway bar on my SLC whilst rushing my dog to the vet. I drove over a deep dip in the road at high speed. I had it welded back together and haven't had any problem since.
axel

Are you sure it's the right front? Jack up the right front and spin the wheel--any grinding sound? Now with one hand at 12 o'cock and the other at 6 o'clock, see if you can wiggle the wheel. If so, could be bearings. I'd do the same above procedure on the left front just to be sure you're hearing it correctly.

My 93 makes a noise light that and it is the contol arm bushing is worn out/split... Probably from all the bad roads in texas...
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:04:36 GMT, Say not the Struggle nought Availeth