Noisy Door.

The driver's door of my 1990 260E makes a loud horrid double cracking sound when opening & closing. Anyone know the cause? Could a novice like myself
possibly effect a repair? I have managed to find some detail on how to disassemble the door lining.
Many thanks.
AJM
It's the door check. You can do it yourself. www.mercedessource.com sells the part for a few buck more (like 3 or so) than other online places but it comes with instructions which I think you'll find worth it. Richard

It can be two things... if the clack is inside the door, it is door check... very common.
Sometime it can be because the hinge on the door jamb is broken loose... a body shop can repair thing... This is tremendous CLACK noise... when you open the door, pay attention to hinge area of the door check.
It can stick to the point you won't be able to close the door withut damaging something. I bought one on ebay for my 126 for about $12.00 postpaid.
--

73
Hank WD5JFR