Nokia 6210

I have a 2004 CLK320 and my Nokia6210 works in the hands free cradle except that with some numbers I do not get a ring tone after dialling. The call
connects ok but the no ring tone is annoying ? any ideas ? is it time for a new phone (which also means a new cradle)

properly. 6210s only like genuine Nokia car kits, in my experience.