NORMAL TEMP?

Does anyone know what the normal operating temp of a '92 5.0 liter SEL engine is? I replaced my faulty aux fan switch with a value of 85 Celsius and both the engine and aircon runs cooler at 90 C. However, the aux fans never shut off and are bound to break soon this way.

If I use a switch with a value a bit higher than the engine's normal operating temp, then the aux fans won't have to be running all the time and will only come on only when normal temp is slightly exceeded.

Reply to
Rico Led

Always use factory sensor rating... You don't state is the weather condition in your area... when car on highway, local, or idling? All these makes a difference in temperature reading.

As for all Mercedes, majority runs at about 85 degree C... some older gauge will read 90 degree.

Reply to
Tiger

Most of these sensors I have looked at are rated at 100 degrees or 110...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph