North of the border, up Canada way

Ok, so Mercedes sells this B-class in Canada and I'm interested but I live in Philadelphia.
Check it out here: http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/ly/06b-class.htm
Question: Is it legal to purchase a Canadian car/model not sold in the US and then bring it on home? Would it be legal in terms of our registration & state inspection/emmisions tests?