Not happy with repairs

Hi all,

I bought a Merc C220 Saloon Sport L reg from a local garage about 2 years ago now. I know the guy well who owns the garage but I don't think his mechanics do a good job on servicing my car. For instance, I just had a new auto gearbox replaced and it just doesn't feel right since having the car back. Over a period of time I've had a number of repairs/service and although I don't want to upset the guy, I'm just not happy with the results. Could it be that his workshop equipment is dated? Or as I have mentioned, maybe his mechanics don't have the know-how to service a Merc properly. Should I go to a Merc dealer to have my car serviced/repaired. Could they be trusted to do the job right and look after the car as it should be? Could you suggest a very reliable and efficient garage local to me who I could trust to do a good job. I live just outside Southampton UK.

Look forward to your comments, Kind regards, Steve

Reply to
SanSteve

Could it be a problem with the box?

They're dead easy to fit.

Unlikely there's nothing especialy strange or specilist about a C220.

They can be trusted to charge inflated prices for the same work.

You may want to look around the net for a more UK based group...

Reply to
the guvnor