NOW WHAT? E320 erratic idle.

I have a '94 E320 that has developed an idle that "pulses" from an average 600 rpm up to 750 then down to 500 then it levels out for a while and then
starts the cycle again. It doesn't die,it doesn't care if it is hot or cold. It's just the way it is. Are there any ideas where I should start to look to fix? If it matters any, hot starts aren't as good as they could be, I have to press the gas a bit to make it go. Thanks
Sounds like the mass air flow sensor is bad. Not that unusual. Or perhaps you have developed an air leak on the intake somewhere (you can spray some carb cleaner around the intake gaskets, etc. to check - if the revs go up, there is a leak).

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:51:38 GMT, "Josh" wrote:

I had this exact problem with my W124 E300, it was an air leak as Josh suggests. I would certainly look into that first. Mike W126 300SE 234,000 Miles W115 220