O2 Sensor 1989 190E, 2.6

Trying to change the O2 sensor. It is under the passenger seat, in the exhaust pipe, pointing up. I have the special O2 sensor socket and can get it over the sensor. But the top
of the socket is up in the shaft hump next to the shaft and I can't get the 1/4" drive socket wrench in the socket. Tried turning the O2 socket with an open end wrench but that didn't work. Tried putting a crescent wrench on the O2 sensor and tapping the crescent with a hammer but that didn't work.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Jim
Get a vise grip on it... and whack it with a hammer... it is best done with hot exhaust but you have to be super careful of not getting burned.
Or.......cut the wires, and use a 22mm box wrench, like I did....use piece of pipe for leverage..............