OBD1, or OBD2

1992 190E 2.6 123,000 miles, I have been told some of the auto part stores, have the scanners to read trouble codes (in flashes I guess ) Which ones ? AUTO ZONE, PEP BOYS, and which would be used to read codes
on my car? Engine losing a little pep. Adding injector cleaner helps for maybe, 200 miles then sluggish again..... plugs, wires, rotor and cap near new.......THANKS........RICK

The scanners are useful for 1996 and newer cars (OBDII). OBD 1 is manufacturer-specific and you can't get any useful info from your MB with off-the-shelf scanners.
Ditto on scanner. I don't see new O2 sensor on your list of new parts.
Can anyone suggest a good third party tool?
I'm currently driving a '99 C43 and I'd love to be able to query the car periodically.
tom
I bought one of these sometime back to use on our Ford Explorer that had recurring problems. It worked great from problem id to resetting the dreaded check engine light. This thing works with your laptop or other PC via a serial port.It is also supposed to work with MB etc. I have not had to try it out yet on my SL320 though. The link is http://obddiagnostics.com/index.html Pete

The one I like is the Palm powered one... that is alot of feature can be done with it...
http://www.auterraweb.com /
I hooked my friend up with it and it is terrific. You use your own Palm or supported PDA. Lifetime update for free too.
They also personally sold these on eBay and you can save a bit of money if you are careful.