Odd Window Problem in 1983 240D...

Occasionally a fuse serving the diagonally wired vacuum actuated window sets will go out but a new fuse has always solved the problem... Not today...
The driver's side and right rear units will not respond, even after cleaning the fuse holder and trying more than one new fuse... I consider it unlikely both switches failed simultaneously but then, there are many oddities that occur in automotive systems which I wouldn't have suspected probable...
Has anyone else had such a problem...? Any WAGs on a fix...?
Thanks...
<! -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- > zenit
Check the relay.
Hi, i have a 1985 300d and have the exact same problem did you figure out what the problem is? ive been trying forever, email me snipped-for-privacy@mail.cruzio.com
Hi, i have a 1985 300d and have the exact same problem did you figure out what the problem is? ive been trying forever, email me snipped-for-privacy@mail.cruzio.com
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 06:49:35 GMT,
had to open a new box of zerones to say:

I have no idea where to look for the relay... I have the MB 123 CD but can make neither heads nor tails of the schematics... It says the component locator is listed on page 240 but I can't find that page...

Have you checked the rocker switches on the center console? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be one of those switches. Mine has a rear window lockout button as well but I'm not sure how this fits into the picture. Anyway, I disassembled the switches, cleaned them up and now everything works. Go figure.
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:10:52 GMT,
had to open a new box of zerones to say:

I'll give that a shot tomorrow... I guess if one went out, it might well effect the other... Why didn't I pay more attention to those basic electronic courses I took as a lad...?
How do you get the center console open?