OEM 617 Diesel

A few years ago, I saw advertisements by Mercedes-Benz involving the availability of factory-new engines. Does anybody know if they still sell factory-new engines, and, if not, is there a source of OEM new
617 diesel engines?
Thanks in advance for information...

I was referring to "Original Equipment Manufacturer" meaning, a factory Mercedes-Benz new engine.
snipped-for-privacy@mac.com ha scritto:

It's possible in Europe. Not inexpensive, but possible. They call them 'rotation engine'. The engine is not new, but totally rmanufactured by the factory. Just to mention possible cost, in 2005, in Italy a OM601 engine without ANY accessory (i.e.: non injection pump, no water or oil pump, no jnjectors, etc.) had a raw material cost of 6.500 euro + vat + workmanship to echange engines. This cost already includes the discount (or purchase) of my old engine...

Search for VEGE they are a dutch company and here in UK they also have a plant, the engines are rebuilt to origional spec and are delivered bolted in a tubular steel frame and you send the old one back the same way, loads of garages and private buyers use them as they are top quallity, before you call them get a copy of the engine type number of the plate as they will want to know this to give you a price and delivery date
There are of course many aftermarket engine rebuilders.
But, here in Canada, MB Canada have their own recondiontioning center. Proably a bit more expensive than some but at least all the parts are genuine and installed using factory procedures.
I once had a need for a rebuilt engine, and did enquire. But shop talked me into rebuilding a low mileage used engine they found **. Overall job was about $7000, and for another $1500 or so, I could have got the MB reconditioned engine.
As it is though, my rebuilt engine now had 75k km on it and it runs really well.
Graham
** My engine had had pieces of the turbo and a bolt pass through it!

in
I meant to add link:
http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/Index.cfm?idI03
Graham

bolted
of

Thanks to all. I did find the OEM engines, and also evaluated, and decided to go with, the overhaul. Boring and rebuilding the engine is approximately half the cost of installing a new engine, and will result in the same long-lasting engine when properly maintained.