off the oily plug..on to a ml320 irk

Booked in at the dealer for a valve cover gasket replacement. While at the dealership I enquired about a master cylinder for my wife's '99 ml320 to cure the inherent
problem with this model; length of foot travel during braking. Swapping out new rotors, pads and brake lines failed to make a difference. The parts mgr. tells me the factory master cyl. p.n. has been superseded by a new no. I'm curious if a positive change in braking performance is to be had with this new master cyl.