Oil change - again and again

Hi,

Whenever you buy a secondhand mb and you don't know when and how often oil change has taken place before and you have an idea that the engine might be dirty with sludge and soot then:

Change oil very very often for the next 10.000 kilometers.

I have now changed oil about 5 times and are now using synthetic oil.

It has taken out all the soot and dirt and sludge and I now have a very quite engine and all metal noises and clacks from the engine are gone.

100 kilometers before an oil change then drain 2 liters and add 1 liter of ATF and 1 liter of new oil.

Before adding new oil then pour about 10 liters of diesel fuel through the oil cap hole and let it drain directly out of the drain hole.

Regards Niels

Reply to
Niels Ulrik Reinwald dgdf

Good way to ruin an engine too. Changing the oil is great but oooohh that other stuff - - glad it's not my engine.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

I really don't understand all this oil change voodoo that appears in this group. Oil has a VERY tough job, the full weight of the crankshaft floating on it, the extreme heat of the engine and everything else that's going on. Tough conditions to work under... now why would you want to thin the oil down with ATF? Why would you want to contaminate the internals of your engine with diesel fuel? The big clue here is the fact that the opening you're suggesting to put the diesel into is called the "oil filler". Mercedes may be many things, but they aren't stupid. There is a reason why their engine design team would specify a certain grade of oil... namely because the engine has been designed to run with oil of that weight. Your engine may have a clean inside, but how scored are your bearings and journals now your engine has been running with Christ knows what inside it? Only way to check the damage you may have caused would be to pull the thing apart... but at least it would look clean inside whilst your doing it :-/

If you want to be sure you have a clean engine, then why not flush with a can of engine flush additive, change the oil and filter. Do that every 1,000 miles for 10,000 miles. You will end up with a lovely clean engine I am sure - and best of all no need to pour medicinal compound into your engine!

Obviously it's your car so you can do what you like with it. But there may be people reading this group who wouldn't know any better than to follow your detailed voodoo engine assasination scheme :)

300 Essie
Reply to
300 Essie

I believe for the most part that additives and such are based on petroleum in some way. The good things to do for an engine are many but why not use what is at hand and relatively cheap. A diesel engine is a strong engine and can run on basicly any kind of oil like rapseed oil if thinned with lets say karoseen.

ATF oil one can use to wash your hand in so why not the inside of your engine. Cleans very well.

Diesel oil as a flush medium I believe is the best flush medium available to get out the leftovers from an oildrain.

Has worked wonders for me. My car engine now is so quite as it is suppose to and has got its famous mb sounds and drive charateristics back.

Reply to
news.tele2.dk