Oil change using hand pump suction device

I saw a hand pump suction device advertised ($65) on the Delta Airlines Sky Mall magazine, for oil changes. Accessing the drain plug for my E300TD is a
bit of a hassle. I am tempted to use this hand pump to suck the oil out of the dip stick tube. Is this recommended? The ad claims MB mechanics use it.
thanks-Raj

Raj,
I use one on all of my vehicles. It is a superior method (cleaner) and I actually think it gets more of the old oil out. If you have one that pumps oil as well as suctioning oil, it makes it a bit easier to recycle the oil into used jugs (IMO).
The important thing to remember is that the oil should be warm to maximize the process.
Topsider, about $45 - $50
Skymall magazine is great for seeing new stuff... but the price is crazy. You can shop for cheaper source for same profuct.
On the other hand, I bought Harbor Freight's pneumatic version... it uses air compressor to suck out the oil into a 6 gallon steel container. I haven't used it but it is well built. They also got a copy cat version of the pump for like $25... which holds 10 quarts.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberE403
I got this one when on sale... like $90 or so...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberF149

And then there's he $2 DIY versin (which actually works)
    http://articles.mbz.org/oil/oilsucker /
If I intended to do oil changes regularly this way, I'd get the type that comes with a 12V DC pump mounted to the top of a 5 gallon bucket. They are sold at marine supply shops for about $150. It has clip leads that you attach to the battery. I've used this type as well as the Topsider and IMO, it's well worth the extra money for the simplicity and convenience.
The Topsider U pump type has a warning printed right on the top that says not to use your foot to steady it while pumping, which of course is the natural thing to do. Reason is, the can is so flimsy that if you press on it while under vacuum, it will collapse. Been there, done that!
Thanks much for all the information. I will get a pump soon.
Raj