Oil comes on intermittently - oil level not that low

My oil light has been coming on intermittently. Comes out for about a minute and then goes off again.
Checked the oil level and its half way between Min and Max so it aint that
bad. Shoudl the oil be coming on like this ?
I would have thought the oil light would only come on when its near the Min level ?

minute
Min
what year is it?
i wouldnt be driving it like that

that
'99 250TD
Mmm... that's too new to have oil pressure problem. I suggest you have the oil pump tested. Maybe you just got a faulty sensor.

According to manual, light is just for oil level....
Its been OK since I topped it up. Guessing it may be a slight problem with the light coming on too early !!!!
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:36:20 +0000 (UTC), "Paul W" wrote:

Better than the other way around I guess !!! !!!
300 Essie
--
1994 Mercedes E280 [W124] 99,000 miles (R.I.P)
1992 Mercedes 300 SE [W126] 230,000 miles