oil cooler lines

Does anyone know how to remove the oil cooler lines?

Reply to
anahataray via CarKB.com

They intertwine so make some sketches as to how they're now installed. They do go in with a bit of jacking up the motor. You may find that after you get one in it has to come out to get the other in - yes there's an order to it.

This is a horrible messy job to be done after all other alternatives have been tried.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Do I need to remove the motor mounts to do that?

Reply to
anahataray via CarKB.com

I don't believe the motor mounts need to be disassembled but lifting the motor somewhat I believe is needed.

As Roland pointed out, the connection to the oil cooler is very very difficult to loosen without damaging the cooler. Some owners have simply replaced the OEM lines with hydraulic grade hose, cut off the old lines at their press fittings and used hose clamps to attach the new hoses to the cooler's steel pipes.

Be creative, there's nothing sacred about these cooler lines, new hydraulic quality hoses will also do the job - and YOU get to route them!

Reply to
T.G. Lambach