Oil Exteme oil - good or bad experiences any one

1997 E320 purchased at 90,000 miles, the car has been running well since the purchase 6 months ago.

Last Friday I had the oil changed by Mobile Pit Stop, an at your office service which is extemely convenient, at 93000 miles. The oil they used is called Oil Extreme and includes an additive see

The last oil change, according to the book, had been at 80,000 miles with 20W50 Mobil.

On Friday the car ran quite well on my way home but on Saturday I found the car idling a little rough and the engine sounded noisier. I checked the oil level on Sunday morning after the car had been sitting level for at least 10 hours and found the oil level over the max mark. The invoice says they put in 7 quarts of oil which is less than the recommended 7.7. The oil filter was changed with a new one which I provided.

I'm going to take out some of the oil and bring it to the right level but I'd like to hear opinions about non MB oil change services and oils.

Thanks, Anil

Reply to
Anil Asher

For the right grade oil see:

Quick oil change places,(and any shop) are only as good as their workers; those workers typically learn by doing so if your area has many M-B cars it may be OK, if not, your car will be their learning curve.

I own the same model and take mine to an independent M-B shop and they make mistakes - like overfilling the oil.

Rough idle is unrelated to the oil or oil level. This engine should be tuned up every thirty thousand miles - yours is due, and expect to change one or more of the three coils as well as the spark plugs.

Nice car.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach